Once again, another week has come and gone while we’ve been plugging away at the project. The entire premise of these posts is to focus on how the project management side of things are going, but it’s become fairly repetitive to say “everything is good, people are working well” so the toll of the project is becoming very real. I feel like we end up taking one step forward and then something shoves us back, so we’re only gaining half a step at a time. I’m confident the rest of the group feels the same, given our conversations over the week as we work independently.
As per the norm, we started off with our scrumming:
I don’t feel like I have a lot to talk about for my work noted above, since it covers a lot of minute things that needed adjusting. I do feel like the room is starting to come together a lot more, visually, since Marc’s modular assets have been put in. Overall, the whitebox always made everything look very “samey,” but now there are colour contrasts with the walls/ceilings and the fireplace has been thrown in, too.
The wallpaper and colour schemes may not be what we end up with, but I think the overall aesthetic really has changed. It does give me a boost of confidence that the look we’re going for will work really well, so it’s just a matter of making sure the modular segments are nicely aligned – I kind of threw them in quickly just so we could all have a look, but I did notice some tearing on the models where there are gaps.